This article supports Treasure Data (v5) Beta.
Marketing teams run A/B tests in order to test different types of campaigns for different groups, compare the performance of campaigns between groups, identify the best performing marketing strategies and optimize future campaigns based on those insights. A/B Testing is now supported in Treasure Data Audience Studio enabling you to:
- Randomly split customers into multiple groups up to 5 to compare against a control group.
- Run different types of campaigns for different groups, by configuring an activation for each of them with different parameters
- Compare the performance of campaigns between the groups using 3rd party integrations
- Identify the best performing marketing strategies for your customers
- Optimize future campaigns based on insights using TD queries, workflows and Treasure Insights to analyze performance
- This feature supports group creation only
- You must contact Customer Success to have this feature enabled
- You cannot delete an A/B test.
- A/B test names must be unique, cannot be the same as any existing A/B test
Setting Up A/B Test Variants
1. Open TD Console.
2. Navigate to Audience Studio select the parent segment and segment for which you want to set up the A/B test.
3. Right-click on the segment and select Create A/B test.
4. Edit the details in the Create A/B Test modal. Select Create.
|A/B test name|
Name of the A/B test
The test name must only contain alphanumeric characters, spaces, and _.
After the test segments have been created, you can rename them using other characters (i.e. Japanese)
|Number of variants||between 2-5|
|% of total to test||Percentage of the segment you want to test 1-100% (evenly between the variants)|
|Stable ID field|
Assignment is determined by the value of this attribute.