You can easily control who can and cannot access folders and their data through Treasure Data's policies and permissions. Administrators need to configure folder permissions of a parent segment in Data Workbench.
How it Works
Folder-based permissions include two permission types:
- View permission. Allows users to view the information and content of an entity in the folder (for example, segment, funnel, predictive scoring).
- Full Control permission. Allows users to read, create, update, and delete any entity in a folder. A user with Full Control permission for a parent folder can also create subfolders in the parent folder. Only administrators can create folders in Audience Studio (Legacy).
Folder-based permissions characteristics:
- A security policy is applied at the folder level; permissions assigned to a user at the parent folder are inherited by the child folder recursively.
- Users can be assigned either View permission or Full-control permissions to a folder. That permission applies to every entity that’s included in a folder, regardless of entity type (for example, segment, funnel, predictive scoring, and so on).
- The policy-based database permissions policy is additive.
If a user has Full Control permission for a parent folder, the user automatically gets Full Control permission for all the child folders. However, If an administrator assigns view permissions for one of the child folders to the user with another policy, the user still has Full Control permission for the child folders.
Administer Folder Permissions in Treasure Data
1. Log in to the TD Console.
2. Navigate to Control Panel > Policies.
3. Select a policy.
4. Select the Permissions tab and scroll down to Audience Studio.
5. Select a master segment and then select Add.
6. To update the master segment, select the pencil icon to make edits.
A pop-up displays all of the folders associated with the master segment.
7. Choose one of the following:
- Set permissions for All Segment Folders (including child folders) in the selected segment.
If you choose this option, the permissions are for all folders in both Audience Studio (Legacy) and Audience Studio for the same parent segment.
To set all folders for Audience Studio, select the root folder.
Note: You cannot use the All Segment Folders option to select all folders in Audience Studio (Legacy). You must select each folder individually.
- Select a folder and then set permissions.
8. Select Save to apply your permissions.
The following table lists the actions enabled for permission.
Create, read, update, and delete capabilities of a folder, all children folders, and all entities in any folder.
|View||View the folder and have view access to folder entities.|