After creating a funnel, you can set up the rules for each funnel stage. You can also go back as needed and edit the rules to further refine the stages. Stage rules must be set up for all of the stages for the dashboard to populate.
Create Stage Rules
1. To create the stage rules, select Edit stage rules in the funnels dashboard.
Or, highlight a specific stage within the funnel in the folder tree and select the Edit stage rules button in the stage dashboard.
Or, right-click on the stage name in the tree and select Edit stage rules.
2. The segment editor opens for the first stage. You can click in the editor menu or drag to add rules from the right-side pane to create stage rules. Use the same steps and match logic as when you create segment rules.
3. Select Save and go to next stage to create the rules for the next stage. Or select Save and close if you aren't ready to create rules for the next stage.
4. After you have created rules for each stage, select Save and close. The funnel stages and dashboard populate the next day after the parent segment refreshes.
Edit Stage Rules
1. Navigate to Audience Studio and find the funnel in the folder tree.
2. Select the + to uncollapse the funnel to show the stages. Highlight the stage you want to edit rules for.
3. Select Edit stage rules
or right-click on the stage and select Edit stage rules.
4. The segment editor opens. Edit the rules for each stage as needed. Use the same steps and match logic as when you create segment rules.
5. Select Save and go to next stage to edit more stages or Save and close. The funnel stages and dashboard update the next day after the parent segment refresh.
Additional rules apply in Funnels.
A profile cannot exist in two stages and is always placed in the later stage. Additionally, a profile cannot move backwards in the funnel or drop out of a funnel.
A profile can enter the funnel at any stage and can skip a stage.
If you have full permissions in this folder, but one or more of your rules or rule sets references a segment in a folder in which you don't have Full or View permissions, you receive an error message.