This export integration is currently in Beta.
LINE is in Asia what Facebook Messaging and Instagram are to US mobile users -- a fast and easy way to communicate with friends and discover new promotions about your favorite products and services. LINE is the #1 mobile messaging platform in Japan, Thailand, Taiwan. It is also one of the largest Ads delivery platforms.
What can you do with this Integration?
- As a marketer, I want to add my Ad Account ID to Treasure Data Ad Group to use Treasure Data as a Data Provider to push my audience to LINE and vice versa, remove Ads Account ID out of TD Ad group if needed.
- As a marketer, I want to export the custom audiences from TD to LINE for target marketing using IFA, Email, and Phone Number (auto-hashed Email and Phone Number).
This topic includes:
Basic Knowledge of Treasure Data.
Basic knowledge of LINE Ads API.
- Basic knowledge of the LINE Business Manager platform.
- Users must have the necessary LINE Ads ID for this integration. Before pushing TD segments to LINE Ads, users will have to link the Ad ID you provide to our Treasure Data Ad Group. After the connection is made, an approval request email will be sent to you via LINE Ads.
You must enable notifications to receive an approval request email.
with line connector, Treasure Data is the data provider, and our customer, if they want to use this connector, to push audience segments out to LINE Ads platform to advertise, then they have to use TD as a data provider. TD will use data provider API to access their LINE Ads account. Allow them to push segment to Line.
- Open LINE Ads Business Manager and approve the linked request.
The audience file upload size is limited to 62914560 bytes per upload (~ 1.5 million records for IFA and ~0.9 million records for hashed mobile numbers and emails). If it exceeds that in one process, the connector internally splits the record.
When Audience Name are duplicated (multiple Audience with the same name on LINE), an exception will be thrown.
When creating a new audience (when the specified audience name does not exist in the customer's LINE Ads account) and when record splitting is required because of the number of records, a new audience is created after the first upload in the loop, but from the second upload in the loop onwards, the data is written to the same audience once.
Link Your AD Account ID to Treasure Data's AD Group
To integrate Treasure Data with LINE Ads, you must use Treasure Data as the data provider. Therefore, it is necessary to link to Treasure Data's AD group. This is a two-step process.
1. Open TD Console.
2. Open Integrations Hub.
3. Select Catalog.
4. Search for LINE Ads connector, and then select Create Authentication.
5. Provide your LINE Ads Account ID, select Done.
6. Go to Data Workbench, create new Queries.
7. In the Queries, input "Select 1".
8. Select Export Result and select your LINE Ads authentication.
9. Choose Add Ad Account to Ad Group.
10. Click Save and Run.
11. Go to your LINE Ads Manager and approve the linked request.
1. Open the Audience Studio.
2. Open the segment you want to push to the LINE Ads platform.
3. Select Create Activation, and then select Add Ad Account to Ad Group.
4. Go to your LINE Ads Manager and approve the linked request.
After users approve the linked request in the LINE Ads Manager console, they will be able to start exporting data from TD to LINE.
Get a LINE Ads Account ID
1. Login to the LINE Ads Manager.
2. Select Log in with business account and log in.
3. Select Ad accounts to find the Ad account ID.
Use the TD Console to Create Your Connection
In Treasure Data, you must create and configure the data connection prior to running your query. As part of the data connection, you provide authentication to access the integration.
1. Open TD Console.
2. Navigate to Integrations Hub > Catalog.
3. Search for and select LINE Ads Integration.
4. Select Create Authentication.
5. Type the credentials to authenticate.
6. Select Continue.
7. Type a name for your connection.
8. Select Done.
Define your Query
- Complete the instructions in Creating a Destination Integration.
Navigate to Data Workbench > Queries.
Select a query for which you would like to export data.
Run the query to validate the result set.
Select Export Results.
- Select an existing integration authentication.
- Define any additional Export Results details. In your export integration content review the integration parameters.
For example, your Export Results screen might be different, or you might not have additional details to fill out:
Run your query.
Validate that your data moved to the destination you specified.
To Add Ad Account to Ad Group
Enter SELECT 1 as your query and choose export result.
To Remove Ad Account from Ad Group
Enter SELECT 1 as your query and choose export result.
To Push Audience to LINE Ads
1. SELECT IFA, Email, Phone_Number as id FROM table.
2. Open Audience Studio.
3. In Column Mapping, select the column of Audience IFA and/or Email and/or Phone Number.
Integration Parameters for LINE Ads
|Action||Supported Actions Push Audience to LINE Ads, Add Ad Account to Ad Group and Remove Ad Account from Ad Group.|
|Audience Name||Enter the audience name to upload or replace IDs. If you want to replace IDs, the audience with the provided name must exist.|
|Use existing LINE Audience ID to push audience?||Use the existing LINE Audience ID instead of Audience Name.|
|Audience ID||Use the existing Audience ID.|
|ID Type||Select the ID type of data to upload. Supported types: IFA, Phone Number, Emails|
Treasure Data CLI or Workflow Parameters
|account_id||string||Required. Your Ad Account ID|
|use_audience_id||boolean||Use Audience ID instead of Audience Name|
|audience_name||string||Audience name to upload or replace audiences|
|audience_id||string||Required when use_audience_id is true. An existing Audience ID|
|audience_action||string||ADD or REPLACE|
|id_type||string||Supported types: IFA, PHONE_NUMBER, or EMAIL|
|max_retry||integer||Maximum retry times for each API call when an error occurred (Default 8)|
Wait time for the first retry. Default 15 seconds
Maximum time between retries. Default 1 hour
|connection_timeout||integer||HTTP connection time out|
(Optional) Schedule the Query Export Jobs
Use Scheduled Jobs with Result Export to periodically write the output result to a target destination that you specify.
1. Navigate to Data Workbench > Queries.
2. Create a new query or select an existing query.
3. Next to Schedule, select None.
4. In the drop-down, select one of the following schedule options:
Review Custom cron... details.
|@daily (midnight)||Run once a day at midnight (00:00 am) in the specified time zone.|
|@hourly (:00)||Run every hour at 00 minutes.|
Custom cron... Details
Run once an hour.
Run once a day at midnight.
Run once a month at midnight on the morning of the first day of the month.
Create a job that has no scheduled run time.
The following named entries can be used:
Day of Week: sun, mon, tue, wed, thu, fri, sat.
Month: jan, feb, mar, apr, may, jun, jul, aug, sep, oct, nov, dec.
A single space is required between each field. The values for each field can be composed of:
|Field Value||Example||Example Description|
A single value, within the limits displayed above for each field.
|Configures the schedule to run at midnight (00:00) on the first day of each month.|
|A range ||Configures the schedule to run at midnight (00:00) on the first 10 days of each month.|
|A list of comma-separated values ||Configures the schedule to run at midnight (00:00) every 1st, 11th, and 21st day of each month.|
|A periodicity indicator ||Configures the schedule to run on the 1st of every month, every 2 hours starting at 00:30. |
|A comma-separated list of any of the above except the ||Configures the schedule to run at midnight (00:00) every 5th, 10th, 20th, and 25th day of each month.|
5. (Optional) You can delay the start time of a query by enabling the Delay execution.
Execute the Query
Save the query with a name and run, or just run the query. Upon successful completion of the query, the query result is automatically imported to the specified container destination.
Scheduled jobs that continuously fail due to configuration errors may be disabled on the system side after several notifications.
(Optional) Configure Export Results in Workflow
Within Treasure Workflow, you can specify the use of a data connector to export data.
Learn more at Using Workflows to Export Data with the TD Toolbelt.